Signavio Process Manager Review

Collaboration saves time and adds transparency to processes, but the performance can be improved

What is our primary use case?

We are building models using the Signavio Process Manager, and we are using the Workflow Accelerator to optimize our workflows.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution has helped to improve the organization because it makes processes more transparent and workflows better. It is not so manual any more. Because we use the Workflow Accelerator, it is more structured.

Signavio's ease of use depends on whether you have experience with designing processes. You can define the attributes and what a person can do, which is easy. However, if you are fairly new and nothing has been defined then it may be a bit complicated because you can be overwhelmed by so many symbols and so many things that you can do.

Using this solution has helped make the business transformation easier. You can take an existing process an improve on it because everybody collaborates on it.

What is most valuable?

The feature that I like the most is the Collaboration Hub, where every user or every employee can see the process in the overview. This helps because it adds transparency such that everybody can see and discuss the same process. You can change it and it stays current for everybody. Also, you don't have to send an email or use a shared folder or anything like that. You can just work on it using the interactive Process Manager.

What needs improvement?

If you have a lot of tasks in the workflow engine then it gets a bit slow.

Being able to integrate the Workflow Accelerator with more products would be good.

I used Signavio as a student, and have now been using it for two and a half or three years professionally. I helped bring this solution to my current company after using it at the university.

Last year, we had a blackout for one day or something like that, but since then it has been very stable.

This solution is very scalable because we are using Software as a Service.

We started with two Process Managers, now we have three or four. Also, with Workflow Accelerator, we started I think with twenty users and now we are around seventy.

We only have email support and I would say that it is good.

Because we are using Software as a Service, there are no issues with installation, setup, or upgrades. Just open Internet Explorer, Chrome, or another browser and use it.

There is a saving in time by using the Workflow Accelerator because we have made the process leaner.

With respect to choosing a solution for our requirements, it was the subject of a discussion that we had at the company. In the discussion, there was both the process team and the team that decided which product to purchase. I chipped in and said I had already used it in university, and said that it was good.

Now that we have it, everybody seems to like it.

What other advice do I have?

We are not using automation and process mining at this time. We are just using the Workflow Accelerator and the Process Manager.

I am happy with this solution but there is still room for improvement.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.