Signavio Process Manager Review

Helps change the way we approach business transformation but lacks an intuitive glossary

What is our primary use case?

We are using Signavio mainly in the context of tax compliance management systems. We are supporting clients by documenting their processes, risks, and controls within Signavio. We also use Signavio to import processes into a workflow management tool.

How has it helped my organization?

Signavio is only a part of what we are doing, maybe 10% of a project. What's important for our clients, however, is to get that transparency about the processing. This is really the success we can show by using BPMN modeling.

This product helps change the way we approach business transformation. I don't know if it's really the Signavio tool itself. It's the BPMN modeling. This helps with convincing people and supporting them throughout their transformation.

What is most valuable?

Signavio's way of handling is really an advantage. It's quite easy to use, without too much training. That's the main point for me.

It's quite difficult for clients to change from describing their process in variety to a process modeling tool. This tool helps convince them in the projects, by using BPMN modeling, which is a close step of automation. There's a code that can be machine-read and so used for further automation.

My team does not use the process intelligence function but other colleagues of ours do use it. It's helpful, but there is still a long way to go for Signavio to be a leader in this area. There are other tools.

What needs improvement?

I think the intuitive handling is an issue which they should be more focused on, especially as we have issues with the glossary. If you want to implement Signavio within procedures in contact with other software, it's quite difficult to integrate and you will have several points where you have to double and triple the work because you cannot maintain the data centrally. With other solutions, we can integrate it and have only one data transfer, to import and export with other solutions. A glossary is still limiting us.

From time to time we have performance issues with Signavio, but in general it's stable.

Their technical support team is quite responsive but we are so deep in the details that we are really challenging them. I think my team in some cases knows much more than their technical support.

What other advice do I have?

With regard to BPMN modeling, I would rate it a seven to eight out of ten. With regard to other functions, I would say four to five.