Signavio Process Manager Review

Good collaboration functionality and the glossary makes it easy to reference information

What is our primary use case?

We are a company that sells a variety of goods and the majority of our business is logistics. We use Signavio Process Manager to manage our logistics processes. We can see things like who has to be notified if one or more of our internal processes has changed.

How has it helped my organization?

Signavio Process Manager is very easy to use. We have worked with other products in the past, and based on that experience, people would say that they hated modeling processes. When we implemented this solution I was the educator responsible for presenting it to the company, and all of my teams were really happy. Now they like to model processes because it's so easy.

The combination of this solution and what we do with it contributes to the entire process improvement lifecycle. We use the Collaboration Hub and everybody gets the newest updates when something is changed.

Using this solution has improved our organization because it adds visibility to the processes. We sell stuff all over Europe and we deal with issues such as borders. Not everybody realized that changing their process had an impact on others, or to what degree the impact was. Now, everybody can see when a process is changed, which is really good.

I would say that using Signavio has helped to create a process-centric mindset within our organization. We started with other products and there were processes that needed to be documented, but we had no real guidelines on how it should be done. With this solution, it's pretty easy, and there is help available in the settings. Now that people understand that it is not hard to document processes, they realize that our process thinking has to get better.

We are not currently using mining or automation functionality. We are in the middle of changing our ERP, and none of our processes were documented. The first step is documenting our old processes, and we have process mining as part of our longterm vision.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the glossary. It is really nice because all of the information is centralized, and that is a big help to the company. Key positions were falling away and we didn't really know what jobs the person was responsible for. Now with the glossary, we can link everything and we know exactly what we need to replace if a position is vacated or eliminated.

What needs improvement?

We sometimes experience downtime or a dropped connection, so I think that the stability can be improved for the SaaS solution.

We have been using this solution for less than a year.

I think that stability is pretty good, although sometimes, the key users tell me that it is running slowly. I'm not sure if it is our internet connection or the service from Signavio, but when we simply re-load, most of the time it fixes the problem.

I think that the scalability is good, but the more we put into it, the more complex it will get. Most of the time, that is my job.

To this point, I think that we have only had one real problem. It was with the Single sign-On, and it worked almost immediately.

We worked with other products before we chose this one, and Signavio is easier to use.

The initial setup was simple.

There were other products that were being evaluated and Signavio was chosen for its simplicity. It is easy to use and the collaboration was a big factor for us.

What other advice do I have?

We have been using this solution for less than a year and all of the bad things that we had with the other solutions are gone. We really like the glossary, the Collaboration Hub, and the other features. I can only compare to other products where we had nothing, and now that we have Signavio, everything is fine.

This solution is simple and great.

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.

Private Cloud