Silk Test Review

Good keyword management but lacks compatibility, and could improve stability

What is our primary use case?

The solution is generally a framework for test functional automation. We use it for automation of web applications for the most part.

What is most valuable?

The Silk4J feature is the solution's most valuable aspect. With it, you can write custom Java code.

You can also use keywords by uploading them and users are easily able to manage the keywords themselves.

What needs improvement?

The solution has a lack of compatibility with newer technologies.

When tests are recorded on to Silk Central, there is a bit of a lack of clarity in terms of what needs to be fed into Silk Central and how the test cases and reports are all managed.

The solution should make it easier to schedule our test cases during out of office hours.

We want the solution to allow us to do more of API level integrations.

I've been using the solution for a year and a half.

At the moment, when we are trying to use this tool, we are finding quite a few compatibility issues between the tool and the applications on the test. We wouldn't consider it perfectly stable for that reason.

The scalability of the solution is quite good. You can easily expand the product if you need to.

The initial setup is straightforward. We didn't find it complex at all. Deployment took about 30 minutes in our case.

We handled the initial setup completely on our own. We didn't need the help of outside consultants or vendors.

What other advice do I have?

We are not using the latest version of the solution. We are most likely using a version that is the version before the latest one.

If I were to rate the solution out of ten, I'd give it about a five. It's the new kid on the block. It still needs to improve a lot.

More Silk Test reviews from users
...who compared it with SmartBear TestComplete
Learn what your peers think about Silk Test. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,431 professionals have used our research since 2012.