SilkRoad Greenlight Review

Can accomplish more with this tool than with a website or shared drive, yet reporting is weak

What is most valuable?

Single Sign-On means we don't have to reset forgotten passwords. The pricing was compelling for multiple business units under the same corporate umbrella to share one platform while having our own branding face forward. SilkRoad support has been very responsible and helpful.

How has it helped my organization?

A large percentage of our employee base is remote at client locations. A web-based VMS allows anyone to access our catalog, and to work on their professional development, 24/7, regardless of location. I am a single system admin for over 600 users. I can accomplish much more with this tool than with a website or shared drive that doesn't have reporting, assignment, and other capabilities.

What needs improvement?

The ability to view and report on, then manage data is not very robust.

Three years.

In three years, I can think of maybe three days that there were interruptions.

Well, we are considering SAP's solution in order to plugin to our HR system and tie to Outlook. SilkRoad may be able to create those bridges, but the development costs, combined with the weak reporting may drive us to another product across the enterprise in the next few years to support over 10,000. I wish their Open Sesame "for purchase" eCourses would be updated. We got one offering years ago and there is nothing new so far.

A nine out of 10.

We used Oracle's UPK Knowledge Path which had less features and benefits. Prior to that, I have worked with other systems built to be LMS systems.

I was not a part of the initial setup, so I cannot comment. Opening my portal off of the main build wasn't bad; the problems we had were with our data integrity, so not a reflection on them.

They are fairly priced. We go year to year, and have the flexibility to add or subtract blocks of seats as our workforce changes.

Yes, we did.

What other advice do I have?

Get your IT/Security team engaged immediately. Ours had concerns we hadn't even thought of that pushed our timeline out several weeks while they looked through the architecture, etc.