Sisense Review

We're able to do ad-hoc analysis and develop dashboards instead of working with Excel, but I would like an option to plug in any data from any source.

Valuable Features

Sisense is excellent to get done your analysis quickly. It's an easy-to-use BI tool and doesn’t require extensive IT knowledge, except when it comes to specific design requirements of widgets.

The ability to handle large datasets is impressive and fulfills all our expectations.

Also, I am very happy with the user management system that allows to set up rights and access to data on a very detailed level.

Improvements to My Organization

We are now able to do quick ad-hoc analysis and develop stylish dashboards instead of working with excel. This does not only save a lot of time but also reveals useful insights in the area of Marketing, Finance, Sales and Consumer Insights that are new to us.

Room for Improvement

The only thing I am missing is the option to plug in any data from any source easily since Sisense only offers a limited amount of supported data providers.

I’d like to highlight the good and quick support, which always tries to find a custom solution for any issues either by mail or even screen sharing session. Important requests are handled with high priority and are usually fixed quickly.

Other Advice

Overall I think, it is a fantastic value-for-money analysis tool and I would absolutely recommend it to anyone who looks for a up-to-date BI solution that can be customized to your specific needs. We are happy with the choice and look forward to all the planned future developments.

2 visitors found this review helpful
2 Comments
Freelancer at a tech services companyReal User

What you need is data transformation of various sources. This can be accomplished with ETL (Extract-Transform-Load) tools such as Informatica Powercenter, Pentaho Kettle, Alteryx as well as Talend open studio for data integration (open source and free).

25 September 15
Eran LevyVendor

@Piero - Sisense actually comes with a built-in data integration and modeling environment (the Elasticube Manager) which in most cases would remove the need to use additional tools such as the ones you have mentioned. To see how it works, visit http://www.sisense.com/business-intelligence-technology/

26 September 15