Sisense Review

For the price point, this tool is on par with many other BI tools out there.

What is most valuable?

Sisense's documentation and video tutorials were thorough and helpful in starting off with the basic usage of the product. Connecting data sources and creating a dashboard with a couple reports was a breeze.

Given the limited company resources, we were looking for a Business Intelligence Tool that would be fast to set up and use by everyone in the company, from Product to Sales. For the price point, this tool is on par with many other BI tools out there. I also appreciate the fact that Sisense is constantly improving on the product, adding new features and providing detailed documentation on the changes and updates.

Deployment of the product on our AWS instance was fairly straightforward.

I did encounter an issue with the Dashboard load time to be slow considering that we had a basic dashboard with five reports and no more than 300 rows was disconcerting. But it appears the load time has improved somewhat, likely due to data caching.

We haven't needed to scale.

Technical support is very responsive and helpful in providing links to various solutions to problems and questions that arose from using Sisense.

Yes, I have personally used several different solutions that were robust in features but also required continual engagement from our engineers.

Setup was simple from a business perspective. It would be wise to have someone who has a background in DevOps to handle the schema and data connecting to start.

Implementation was in-house.

N/A, as ROI remains to be seen. We are in the early stages of launching our product and using Sisense to its full potential so it will be at least another six months time to have a better understanding of whether the product will be helpful to the company or not.

Yes, we evaluated several other options but I'd rather not say which ones.