Sisense Review

Allows us to execute heavy, complex computations on the fly

What is our primary use case?

Embedded analytics for Financial Technology provider. We are a multi-tenant SaaS provider servicing large global organizations. Sisense is our embedded BI solution for visualizing descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analytics in our product.

How has it helped my organization?

Prior to Sisense, we had very limited reporting capabilities in our product. Most analyses were performed manually and delivered to customers in Excel or PowerPoint files. Because these analyses could not stand on their own, we needed a lot of business analysts to guide our customers to make the right business decisions and execute the strategies manually.

What is most valuable?

The Sisense data cube allows us to execute heavy, complex computations on the fly so customers can slice and dice the data based on their business needs. The visualizations are adequate and the support from their team has been outstanding. Whenever we have an issue or are unsure how to proceed, they manage to simplify the issue and help us execute it in a graceful and scalable way.

What needs improvement?

We struggled a bit to get the data cube setup in a way that could be built in a reasonable amount of time. The initial version we purchased only ran on Windows servers, which was less than ideal for our DevOps team. I believe that has been remedied in the latest release.

Still implementing.