Skybox Security Suite Review

Does a great job of reaching into firewalls and network devices to produce risk and compliance recommendations along with a single plane of glass for queries

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is security and network for security.

How has it helped my organization?

It has grown organically and become a full featured suite. If you have the funding, you can make it do all types of great things.

What is most valuable?

Security review is the most important feature, because it offers a single pane of glass to analyze multiple firewalls.

What needs improvement?

The vendor's support is terrible. The rest of the product is fine.

More than five years.

With certain versions, we have encountered stability.

The stability is fine for my organization.

The technical support is not good. I would rate them as a three out of 10.

We did not previously use a different solution.

The initial setup is easy.

The pricing has increased exorbitantly in the last few years, so now it is questionable. Now, it makes me want to review other products.

With licensing, the number of network nodes becomes very expensive to the point where you have to rationalize if the tools are warranted anymore.

Fully understand the total cost of ownership. They have gone to a new model where you have to replace the hardware every X amount of years at a very substantial cost and fully understand your intended number of nodes. To operate a firewall, you have to pay two licenses, a firewall node and a network node. If you are a reasonable-sized organization, this gets expensive very quickly.

We go through an evaluated reseller to purchase the product.

We did evaluate other options many years ago when Skybox was the leader in this space, but today, there are others that can compete.

I am looking at using other competitive products from other vendors. The reason would be because other people are using them and we need to or consolidate our tools.

What other advice do I have?

I really like the product. I do not have the experience with its competitors, either in function or pricing. It is a very useful tool, especially for those who do not have access to the devices they are monitoring. Because of separation of duties, you often do not have access to the firewalls or network devices. This type of tool does a great job of reaching into those other devices producing risk recommendations, compliance recommendations, and a single plane of glass to do your queries, so you can find where these rules might exist.