Skybox Security Suite Review

Helps us analyze impact of network changes and firewall changes, but support needs work

What is our primary use case?

We use it for change management control and firewall policy management.This helps is keeping the compliance is Check

How has it helped my organization?

When we are adding new users to the network it has an impact on the security posture of the organization. So we use this product to do analysis, what kind of impact it will have on the security. What are the particular applications which may be required in terms of access controls, what are the changes, what are the policies we should put on the firewall? And in case we need to have a temporary policy, we can then revert back to the original one. All of these things have really helped us improve the security and network systems.

What is most valuable?

Change Manager is most important because of the impact on each other of a network change or a firewall change. We want to understand this and to know, beforehand, what the impact of a change will be. We are a large network so that is a very important tool. It's the most important one to use.

What needs improvement?

We really need to see how it can help us with cloud connectivity. It's there but I think it could give us a far better visualization.

It's a stable product.

We've had no issues with scalability.

Technical support is not something which I would rate very high. Support is available but they need to ensure that they bring in their local team to give us support. I wouldn't say that it is bad, but it's not top-notch.

We were not using any solution before this one.

The initial setup was complex, a little complex, but I think that is what the product entails. There was good documentation available on site from Skybox.

We have a great in-house team with deep experience

Pricing is on the higher side.

In terms of licensing, you should buy the complete suite rather than buying only the Change Manager. I think Change Manager with Vulnerability Control is something that would be interesting to look at.

We did evaluate other products, including Tufin, but we chose this one.

What other advice do I have?

Anyone implementing this product should bring together the teams which have security and network understanding, as a part of the project and, of course, they should look into the product properly before they implement it.

I rate this product at about seven out of ten. The product is good but pricing and technical support are the ones which take marks off.