Skyhigh Review

Cloud registry provides cloud services risk assessments, but at times the portal is slow

What is our primary use case?

We use it for cloud risk services.

How has it helped my organization?

It monitors the cloud usage of our company and shows the status on the main dashboard. There, we can see what kind of cloud applications are being used and see a risk assessment for each one, indicating low, medium, or high. For each cloud application, we can see how many users are using it. It's like auditing for each cloud application. In that way, it gives in-depth visibility and a granular monitoring facility for the company: What is happening inside the company, what people are using, what kind of data is going through the company. It really helps in understanding cloud traffic.

What is most valuable?

There is one feature called data governance that shows all the cloud services which are used.

There is another one called cloud registry where we can see a risk assessment for the cloud services being used. If we want to add a new cloud service or a new cloud application, we can check into it and do an assessment through the cloud registry. That is the feature that I like most.

Generally, it is available.

The scalability is pretty good. The only thing we have faced is that sometimes, randomly, the portal becomes too slow. We only have between 100 and 150 users of the portal, which is a fairly small number, but scalability is not really an issue.

In terms of extent of use, it will monitor all the cloud usage in the company, whether there are 100k or 200k users. It will monitor everything, whatever comes from the logs, and present the data in an understandable format.

Technical support is pretty good.

This is our first solution of its kind.

We have definitely seen an ROI over the years we have been using it; not from a dollars perspective but in different ways.

They definitely charge a huge amount. All the security service providers charge a huge amount.

At the time we chose this product, we did not evaluate others, but recently we have a looked at a couple of other products. The others are pretty good. They have come up with a lot of innovation, improved security, and developed a lot of enhancements. In different ways, everybody is good.

What other advice do I have?

Do a PoC for a week or ten days. If you don't like it, go with another vendor. But I believe you will like it.

It's not necessary to give access to everyone in the company to monitor their cloud usage. There are specific teams that use the platform for a specific purpose.

They have improved a lot. Every month or every three months they are coming out with a new update. Whatever we have asked for recently, they have added it to their roadmap. Since McAfee acquired the SkyHigh applications, there will be a lot more features to come. We are expecting a lot of features to be onboarded to the platform.

For our use case, what we currently have is good enough.