Skyhigh Review

A SaaS-friendly tool that integrates well with DLP but better integration with on-premise tools is needed

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution as a CASB, a Cloud Access Security Broker, to gain insight into our cloud environment. We integrate this solution for our clients as a companion service to our main cloud product.

How has it helped my organization?

It gives us visibility into how the data is being used within our cloud environment. It shows the flow of information, and in our case, it has to with documentation that is restricted. For example, if a document contains credit card information or social security numbers then we are able to track it when somebody tries to delete them or do something else that is prohibited. We get flagged, which is the key. It enhances the visibility of what's in our cloud environment.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature for us is the integration with DLP.

What needs improvement?

The biggest challenge we have with McAfee is their cross-cloud support. They tend to lag by a few months, in terms of providing support for new cloud platforms, or new cloud features. We're primarily focused on SaaS, so the other opportunities for them to improve their integration is with AWS and PaaS.

I would like to see better integration with on-premise tools.

Two years.

That stability is good. It's a very good tool.

We have had no problems in terms of scalability.

We have a team of about forty people who use it. There is the DLP team, the various tenant cloud security administration team, and we also have our staff that uses it.

We found that the documentation is meager, but the response time from technical support is very good.

We did not use another solution prior to this one.

This solution is very easy to set up.

It took us about a month to get it up and running, but it took us four months to figure out how to use it amongst the different teams.

The licensing fees are based on what environments you are monitoring.

We did evaluate a couple of other options, and we have other solutions as well. We have Evident.io, one from Cisco, and one from Palo Alto. None of them are good in every environment, so we use a combination of these solutions.

I have found, based on implementations for multiple clients, that Evident.io doesn't meet the needs of all of the people. Evident.io is not a security protocol. It gives you visibility into your cloud, but it's not a broker. It's just an analysis tool. It is very PaaS-friendly, but not a SaaS-friendly tool. This is opposed to Skyhigh, which is SaaS-friendly but not PaaS-friendly.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anyone who is implementing this solution is to know what roles you will need to grant access to and have your roles predefined.

This solution has good coverage and good integration with other McAfee products. I am not giving it a perfect score because of the uneven coverage for other platforms. They tend to lag in terms of support for new platforms and new tools that come out on the cloud.

I would rate this product a seven out of ten.