SkyLIGHT PVX Review
Easy to use and allows us to have a realistic vision of what is going on at the heart of our network.

Valuable Features

I like this product because it is easy to use and it allows us to have a realistic vision of what is going on at the heart of our network. Flow matrices, the ability to analyze response times for our web apps (http), and what is related to SQL requests are among the key features we need.

Improvements to My Organization

This product enabled us to identify the cause of some apps known to be running slow. Analyzing connection times from the sequence of elements involved in a request (PC, application server, database server) enables us to immediately identify the element that is failing.

Room for Improvement

Increase the drive’s capacity to store more data, and maybe switch to a database system similar to 3Big-Data. The goal is to avoid truncating information after a certain amount of time, and to improve the performance.

Use of Solution

We have been using this solution for several years, but the latest 3.0 version, which was installed at Campus France in 2014, brings in new features that we find very interesting.

No, no problem at all.

Good level, I can describe it with three words, responsiveness, availability and efficiency.

Good level as well. Efficiency and professionalism.

It was simple but a bit long, because one has to create all networks, objects, flows and so on… But once it’s done, it’s very smooth.

Implementation Team

With a vendor team, very qualified and kind.

ROI

I didn’t really know about that, but I think it is an essential tool, it enables us to know what is going on our network at anytime, and it saves us several men/days spent on analyzing what is happening when faced with some apps slowing down for instance…For that reason alone, I really think it’s cost-effective.

Other Solutions Considered

Yes, I had tested HP Openview, but despite its extensive offer, this product is too complex.

Other Advice

Carefully identify the important elements within the technical infrastructure (apps, servers, database, etc…) during the set-up phase, as it affects the relevance of the data.