Skype for Business Review

Our employees use this solution for a communal space to collaborate for organizational decision making.

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case is for our employees to connect to anyone from any of their devices. In our version, we are primarily using from a laptop or a mobile phone. So, they can connect trhough Skype from anywhere. It is a firm requirement so we can connect from any remote location to anywhere.

How has it helped my organization?

Our employees use this solution for a communal space for decision making. We can gather a meeting online, and make global decisions. It saves trouble, and it saves us time.

What is most valuable?

I really like the meeting feature. It is the feature that is used the most in our case. It is really helpful because it reduces our company's travel expenses.

What needs improvement?

Sometimes Skype is slow, and we cannot use other elements of our devices while using the Skype solution.

In addition, we would love to implement a whiteboard to the solution. It would be very helpful if you could draw a diagram while in a meeting on Skype. We do use other tools like Zoom and GoToMeeting for these types of features, but it would be nice for Skype to implement these tools, as well.

More than five years.

Sometimes it is unstable and slow.

It is very scalable. We have had no problems.

Technical support is OK.

It took us three months to implement the solution to our team of employees.

It is a business solution that helps our company connect globally to others in our sphere.

We negotiated a fair price with Microsoft. It is definitely worthwhile to negotiate with them for the best price for your solution.

We were aware of Cisco Webex, and other similar solutions. But, we had Skype with the Microsoft Suite of products. We find that the Microsoft agility will be better, the support is better, and based on the business demand, it matches our criteria, and we prefer it.

What other advice do I have?

It is a really good tool, with almost of the the features on the level of expertise that we need. We would love to see upgrades with whiteboards, architecture diagrams, and such. Apart from that, it would be great to have a interlink or integration with companies that are not on Microsoft Skype.