Slack Review

Good communication features help to promote collaboration between team members

What is our primary use case?

Our internal team primarily used Slack for communication with each other. If two or three people were working on the same modules then they were able to share code and work together.

What is most valuable?

The feature that I have found most valuable is communication between team members.

What needs improvement?

Customization is something that Slack is lacking. Otherwise, however, the user interface is very good.

We have been using slack for the past one and a half years.

Recalled that there were some bugs about a year ago. However, I don't recall the details or what they did to rectify the problem.

I have not personally been in contact with technical support. When we experienced the bugs about a year ago, my team may have been in contact with them. Ultimately, the problem was resolved.

We primarily use Slack and Microsoft Teams. We know of Confluence but do not use it much.

Slack is a better product than Teams. Teams is more like a chat window, rather than a development window. We were also having issues with Teams, initially, with the user interface when we were trying to create groups. We found that it was not that easy, or perhaps not convenient.

What other advice do I have?

My company has been acquired so we are going to align our systems with our parent company. At this point, I am not sure if we will continue with Slack or instead move to another solution. I have suggested that we continue using the same tools, but at this point, I am not sure.

In my opinion, this is a good product and I recommend it. Slack is much better than Microsoft Teams.

More Slack reviews from users
...who work at a Marketing Services Firm
...who compared it with Microsoft Teams
Find out what your peers are saying about Slack, Symphony, Facebook and others in Enterprise Social Software. Updated: September 2021.
535,015 professionals have used our research since 2012.