Slack Review

The most valuable feature is the ability to be a part of multiple Slack channels that are specific to our needs.

What is most valuable?

The feature that is most valuable is the ability to be a part of multiple Slack channels that are all specific to our needs i.e. a product, infrastructure, personal one-on-one, small specific group, feature discussion, IT assistance, company announcements, etc.

How has it helped my organization?

The quick line of communication, most certainly improves the functionality of our organization. Discussions can happen at the drop of a hat, in a Slack channel and a critical decision can be agreed upon to take further action. Triage of customer issues can happen at the moment of crisis and this is of huge assistance as to how we can get our product back up and running, when needed.

What needs improvement?

I'd like the ability to re-organize the channels in my list. You can favorite a channel but you can't organize them in a specific order, that fits your every day use. I'd also improve it's security. It can be breached easier than an email client, so we tend to keep more confidential conversations out of the app.

I have personally used this solution for over two years.

Our Slack bots have issues from time to time. There have been a few times where the app was done but other than that, it has been a solid performer.

There were no issues with the scalability.

I have personally not used technical support for Slack.

We were using Gchat as a source to speak to each other but channel functionality is very important in Slack.

I was not part of the initial setup.

I am sure that other options were evaluated but I was not a part of that decision-making process.

What other advice do I have?

Providing API connections to your bug database and any other database that you use, can give you updates and links inside of a channel, which is a huge help.

2.3.4
More Slack reviews from users
...who work at a Marketing Services Firm
...who compared it with Microsoft Teams
Find out what your peers are saying about Slack, Symphony, Facebook and others in Enterprise Social Software. Updated: September 2021.
535,015 professionals have used our research since 2012.