Slack Review

Easy to use with an intuitive interface and the screen sharing works well

What is our primary use case?

We are using Slack for web conferencing. It is primarily for external communication with one of our suppliers.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the screen sharing, which works well.

This solution is freely available to almost everyone.

The tracking, integration tool, and voice calls are all good.

The user interface is intuitive for me.

What needs improvement?

There should be better integration between Slack and Office 365.

It should be easier to work collaboratively on files.

I would like the text in chat to be more customizable.

I have been using Slack for a couple of months.

We have not experienced any problems with stability. We use it maybe once a week to contact one of our suppliers.

As a user, I have not had problems with scalability. I am part of a small group that makes use of slack but that doesn't mean that it isn't widely used in the company.

I have not been in contact with technical support.

We are using multiple web conferencing tools including Mircosoft Teams, Skype, and Slack.

I would say that the user interface in Slack is more intuitive than in Teams. One advantage to teams is that it is fully integrated into Office 365. I would say that collaborative working on files is better in teams. In our situation, the focus of Teams is internal, rather than with external partners.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, this is a good product and I can recommend it. It's easy to use and so far, it has been reliable.

More Slack reviews from users
...who work at a Marketing Services Firm
...who compared it with Microsoft Teams
Find out what your peers are saying about Slack, Symphony, Facebook and others in Enterprise Social Software. Updated: September 2021.
536,244 professionals have used our research since 2012.