SmartBear ServiceV Pro Review

It has the capability to extend its features for the execution of our APIs

How has it helped my organization?

It is very beneficial in reducing the redundancies during development, which can easily provide a better platform for continuous integration (CI) by cutting down the dependencies on the rest of the API team.

Various recordings can be done so as to keep track of the transactions being made each time and accordingly manipulate the way our APIs would run.

What is most valuable?

In times of DevOps, where continuous delivery and deployment is progressing at such a fast pace, ServiceV Pro has emerged as an add-on for enhancing our API product finish.

What needs improvement?

Since its the initial stage for us in which we have started using ServiceV Pro, there are not many areas of improvement that I think of, but the effort required to utilize the capabilities/usage of ServiceV Pro looks like the one area where we could have some further improvements made just to minimize the time required by a developer to use all the products collaboratively (SoapUI Pro, LoadUI Pro, and ServiceV Pro).

It's been over two months now that we have started using ServiceV Pro apart from the SoapUI Pro and LoadUI Pro testing which used to be our main area of focus.

No. ServiceV Pro seems to be a trustworthy tool in terms of its stability when it comes to the betterment of our APIs.

No. It has the capability to extend its features for the execution of our APIs.

By mirroring the behavior of the final produced API, ServiceV Pro extends its capability by predicting the way our APIs would behave in the future at a very early stage rather than after the deliverable in production is ready. This results in higher customer satisfaction and delivery.

The technical support was quite good, especially in terms of the collaborative products that Ready! API offers. The way SoapUI Pro is linked to LoadUI Pro and how they together extend their capability for ServiceV Pro.

We have been following the practice of designing the swaggers before writing the APIs, so as to know what the structure of our APIs and their responses would be, but it looks like a one time process which can't be made use of again.

We used to utilize the generated swaggers to keep up with the structure of the API response, but they did not have the functionality of keeping the record of the executions/transactions of the real API each time it executed. So, ServiceV Pro looked like a better option.

No, just had to follow the steps that we were told during the training.

It was implemented by me in my project as I'm the one who deals with all the Ready! API related functionalities that our project is concerned with, from SoapUI Pro to ServiceV Pro.

ServiceV Pro functionality helps in achieving better results in terms of performance and execution of APIs, which definitely results in reaching high-level standards, therefore, getting appreciation from the stakeholders as well.

Be updated with the latest offerings that the tool provides so as to avoid any clashes with issues, like licensing.

What other advice do I have?

Functional (SoapUI Pro) and Performance (LoadUI Pro) testing do play a very vital role in establishing the APIs in the most efficient way, but ServiceV has the next level potential of reshaping the structure/response of the API in order to make them more adequate and sellable.