SmartBear TestComplete Review

Fast, stable, very well organized, and can find and interact with almost everything that exists on Windows

What is our primary use case?

I used this solution mostly for a proof of concept. We have a lot of desktop applications with a lot of engines and customized framework. I used this solution to prove that it can interact with some old desktop applications or customized framework, where any other tool would not fit.

What is most valuable?

It works very fine. It is fast on almost any machine, and it is also very well organized.

I like its object mapping and its capability to find and interact with almost everything that exists on Windows.

What needs improvement?

I didn't use it very heavily. One issue that I found was that there wasn't a quick way or a button to move Visual Basic scripts to TestComplete. We have a lot of such scripts in our organization, and it would be very useful to have some option to easily move these scripts. It is currently possible to convert these scripts to TestComplete, but it is not easy. I have to write some code, but everything is not available immediately.

I have been using this solution for maybe one year.

It is very stable and easy going.

I didn't come to that point. In my department, we had two users.

I didn't contact them.

The initial setup was very straightforward. I have a lot of experience and knowledge. Therefore, it was very easy for me to switch to TestComplete, but I am not sure about a new person.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend this solution. I would rate SmartBear TestComplete an eight out of ten.

More SmartBear TestComplete reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about SmartBear TestComplete. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
522,281 professionals have used our research since 2012.