For more than a year, I've been working on automation of functional
testing, regression testing using
It's a paid automation tool.
It's an little tricky to learn and use but quite similar to Selenium. You can use xpath, record and play to script test cases.
- Similar to Selenium IDE, you can record and play test scripts
- Similar to Selenium webdriver, you can create test scripts in VBScript, JScript, DelphiScript, C++Script or C#Script. (personally, I liked VBScript)
- Test results logs helps in finding precisely the issue where test failed
- Tests can be recorded in keyword driven or screen capture modes
- Tests can be created for regression, functional, DDT (data driven testing), ODT(object driven testing), and so on
- Can easily do cross-browser testing
- Automated tests can not be run on Mac OSX
- No support for mobile testing automation (though there is a package 'seetest' which can be integrated with TC)
- It can not read xpath values for browsers other than IE, Firefox, chrome, Safari.
Also, you can learn about TestComplete by this book(written by Genndiy Alpaev and reviewed by me):