SmartBear TestComplete Review

It has helped significantly improve and speed up regression testing, although it could be improved with cross-platform testing (Linux, MacOS).

Valuable Features

Ability to test all types of application (desktop, mobile, and web).

Improvements to My Organization

In all projects where I participated it helped significantly improve and speed up regression testing, which is usually bottleneck before release.

Room for Improvement

Since v11 of TestComplete it has all the features I was dreaming about during these years. Probably the only one great thing could be cross-platform testing (Linux, MacOS).

Use of Solution

I've been using it since 2006.

No, I have never had any difficulties with TestComplete. All possible issues are also covered in TestComplete's help system and available online.

No issues encountered.

No issues encountered.

It is impressive! What I like the most is the fact that support team helps solving problems not only for their registered customers, but everyone else as well.

In last 12 years I also used SilkTest and Squish. They have some benefits which TestComplete doesn't have, but in general TestComplete overcomes them.

Was it difficult to set up the application first time? No. Or was it difficult to start using it? No, it was easy thanks to its tutorials.

Implementation Team

I did everything by myself. There is nothing difficult in it, TestComplete is very user-friendly.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: My company doesn't, but I wrote a book on TestComplete and sometime run online courses for students in Russian.