SmartBear TestComplete Review

It’s got flexible logging capabilities, but needs implementation of screen recording during testing.

Valuable Features

• Its Multi browser testing capabilities
  • Record-and playback
  • Network suite testing (remote testing) capabilities
  • Key word driven testing with ability to finetune tests using scripting languages
  • Its flexible logging capabilities
  • High level of support from Smartbear
  • Support of other users in large userbase

Improvements to My Organization

Using TestComplete, the application tests are executed at night unmanned, so that test engineers can focus on developing new tests instead of executing existing tests.

Room for Improvement

Implementation of screen recording during testing (video recording).

Use of Solution

I've used it for approximately four years.

No issues encountered,

No issues encountered,

Very professional and adequate. I would rate this on a 9.5/10.

Very professional and adequate. I would rate this on a 9.5/10.

It's straightforward.

Implementation Team

I implemented it myself, using instructions from the vendor’s website.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

Start with evaluation version of the product, which can be downloaded from Smartbear's website, and after the initial evaluation, decide which licensing method you need.

Other Solutions Considered

I have evaluated other solutions, the cost model, the level of support of legacy software, the easy of use and easy implementation approach were main reasons to choose this product.

Other Advice

Focus on implementing a test automation framework. Start by downloading a free evaluation trial version of the product, and see if the product works well with the application(s) you want to design an automated test frame for.