What is most valuable?
The opportunity to work with DevExpress and WPF objects.
How has it helped my organization?
- Approximately, we get new build once per week. So I need to provide smoke testing for it. In case of m
anual tests execution, it is needed 48 hours (six working days) to smoke it. With TestComplete, we need just eight hours (or even less - if we're using multiple machines)
- Stability and Stress testing. It is impossible to test our applications manually for 48 hours (two full days) continuously. With TestComplete, it is possible
What needs improvement?
- Better stability, as sometimes, TestComplete crashes when attempting to delete over 10 logs
- Support for the latest versions of DevExpress
- More comfortable XML editor (like in Notepad++)
- A better script editor. I will be happy, if the TestComplete editor would contain a design like the one in Visual Studio or Eclipse - errors and unusable variables being highlighte, and refactoring opporunities
- Own log viewer in TestExecute. For now, it is possible to open it only within a browser, which is not very good, because if the log is 2GB or more, it will take 10-20 minuts to open with Internet Explorer
For how long have I used the solution?
I've used it for three years, including, v7, & v9 with TestExecute v9, and it's been in use on the project since 2010.
What was my experience with deployment of the solution?
When we migrated from v7 to v9, we encountered a problem with using recursive code; in DelphiScript recursion was completely broken.
What do I think about the stability of the solution?
Sometimes, TestComplete crashes when attempting to delete over 10 logs.
How are customer service and technical support?
It's acceptable. Technical Support
Which solution did I use previously and why did I switch?
I tried Visual Studio 2010 (Coded UI Tests feature). The tool was changed, because TC is cheaper and more acceptable for those apps testing. But for now, this project doesn't use QA automation and I am working in another project
Disclosure: I am a real user, and this review is based on my own experience and opinions.
Oct 15 2015