SmartBear TestComplete Review

The automation module helped us save time in regression tests, but we needed to perform adjustments on our systems to get it to fit in.

Valuable Features

The automation has improved over time, allowing it to integrate with other external tools for defect tracking.

Improvements to My Organization

The automation module helped us save time in regression tests.

Room for Improvement

It works by recording and playing a script for some part of development. However, there's no way of knowing where it failed. The developers needed help to correct these errors to script them in order to work. I noticed many changes made from version to version.

This tool is also very expensive compared to the similar tools in the market. Price needs to be affordable.

Use of Solution

I've used it since 2012.

We faced lots of code breaking, and needed to perform adjustments on our systems to get Test Complete to fit in.

Sometimes it runs fast, and sometimes it runs slow.

No issues encountered.

They used to respond in less than 24 hours, and compared to SpiraTest, it's not that great.

SpiraTest took a minute to respond to any technical support issues, but Test Complete takes longer.

It's not complex.

Implementation Team

It was already in place when I joined the company.

ROI

6/10.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

It's priced high, and they should look into it to make it more competitive.

Other Solutions Considered

We also looked at Selenium IDE, and chose it because it's cheaper.

Other Advice

Check the price and compare to other available tools in the market and decide select the one best fits the needs.