For more than a year, I've been working on automation of functional testing, regression testing using TestComplete. It is a great tool and hard to learn and use.
- It is similar to other tools like Selenium IDE you can record and play test scripts
- Developer needed to create test scripts using VB Script, Jscript, Delphiscript etc -
- QA perspective, helps test results logs helps in finding precisely the issue where test failed
- Tests can be recorded in keyword driven or screen capture modes on some screens.
- Tests can be created for regression, functional, DDT (data driven testing), ODT(object driven testing), and so on and it is good to use it for Cross browser testing.
- There is no support for mobile testing automation.
- QA need to depend upon developer to correct the scripts any change happens. Automated