SmartBear TestComplete Review

Stable and Integrates well with Azure DevOps

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for test automation. A few months ago we began working on a project, and this solution is part of an evaluation phase. We are trying to include the whole suite from SmartBear including HipTest and SoapUI Pro.

Our primary use case is a web solution that we are trying to get working on the mobile solution, based on Flutter. All of our apps are built on Flutter, which is still very new for us. There is no support right now, so we are working closely with SmartBear TestComplete to integrate it.

We have an on-premises deployment.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the integration with Azure DevOps. That has been, by far, the best thing for us. We can use it to integrate everything that we are running in the test automation tool, which is linked directly to the test cases. This is the only tool on the marked at actually has this functionality, and it has only come about since 14.2, the latest version.

What needs improvement?

What is currently missing from this solution is better support for mobile testing. This is what we are currently negotiating with them for.

Specifically, we would like to see Flutter support in the next release of this solution.

We have been using this solution for a few months.

From my experience at this point, I would say that this solution is stable. Even with the earlier versions, as long as you set it up properly, it was stable.

In terms of scalability, I think that it works pretty well if you have agents.

We have not spoken directly with technical support. Currently, we are talking to the product manager.

We are using the SmartBear suite, which meant that setting up TestComplete was pretty straightforward. As we are still evaluating, it has not been fully deployed.

What other advice do I have?

We haven't fully evaluated this solution, although I know that they have made a lot of updates since I worked on it the last time. The results of this evaluation will set the standard for other projects. We are creating the basis for everything. As things progress, it will be me creating the test, but it will be executed on several machines.