SmartBear TestComplete Review

Easy initial setup, good stability and great script recording features

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution to automate the user interface.

How has it helped my organization?

The solution helps improve the stability of our product. It also decreases the work of our manual quality assurance engineers.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the script recording and the object spy. The solution has the ability to structure text well using different modules.

What needs improvement?

The solution needs Mac OS support. Right now, the solution has only been developed to accommodate Windows OS.

I've been using the solution for one year.

The solution has impressive stability.

There are some unsolved issues working with control drop downs that need to be resolved.

The initial setup is easy. You just have to click and go. It was very fast for me on my desktop, however, I cannot speak to how fast it was on the production server.

Currently, we're evaluating the product, so we have not yet bought a license.

Right now, we're in the process of evaluating this product and Squish.

What other advice do I have?

I'm using the desktop version of the solution.

Right now, I'm working with TestComplete, and will compare it to another product called Squish. Once I've compared the two, I'll make recommendations to my customers and our company about whether or not to buy the complete solution.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten. I'd rate it higher if the solution offered the ability to test on Mac OS.