SmartBear TestComplete Review

Offers valuable regression testing and scalable with a straightforward setup

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution in our data center as an application.

What is most valuable?

The solution is great as a record and playback tool. It also has valuable regression testing.

What needs improvement?

The solution needs more training manuals or some form of online forum for learning. It needs more documentation.

Some sort of troubleshooting portal should be available for users.

The solution could be faster. It would be good to increase the reusability of the code so that rerun time can be saved. It would be ideal to be able to run multiple scenarios at the same time.

Right now, in terms of recording and scripting the solution is not user-friendly. They need to improve on this.

I've been using the solution for one and a half years.

The stability needs a bit of improvement. On the open-source version, you're not really able to check stability like you can on the paid version.

The solution is definitely scalable. We have about ten licenses. We may increase usage in the future.

Technical support could be better. The exact solutions we need should be provided in a more timely manner.

We didn't previously use a different solution.

The initial setup was straightforward. It's a straightforward installation. Deployment took about half a day.

We handled the implementation ourselves.

What other advice do I have?

The solution is pretty good. Other options to use are TestComplete, and, for negative scenarios, Katalon Studios.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.