SnapLogic Review

You can see the building blocks of the integration visually.

What is most valuable?

• It makes creating complicated integrations that would normally be scripted, easy to digest, design, and understand.
  • By using snaps instead of functions in code, you can see the building blocks of the integration visually. This helps a lot.
  • It is extremely easy to connect to various business systems and product integrations rapidly.

How has it helped my organization?

• It automatically sends contracts from Salesforce to Workday, so there was no need for manual data entry.
  • By the end of the year, I had created integrations that saved multiple roles worth of time. This allowed the employees to be effective in other areas.

What needs improvement?

The product can include more canned integrations that can be used.

In the field of integration apps, I see a spectrum of apps where one side is point-and-click with zero technical ability needed, and the other side is a platform where you basically write code.

SnapLogic sits somewhere in the middle. It doesn’t offer enough easy canned integrations for its users like some of the easier to use integration apps.

I have been using the product for about a year.

There were occasional stability issues with various snaps having bugs. It was rare that anything wasn’t fixed immediately.

Scalability was easy. You simply add more nodes to your account and it can scale as large as it needs to.

The customer success manager I had was one of the best I’ve ever had from any software company. I very highly regard the support I received from SnapLogic.

I did not previously use a different system. I do use a free version of Workato from time to time, due to its cost and ease of point and click integrations.

There was no real initial setup. I went to SnapLogic for a day of training, received credentials, and started.

SnapLogic costs can be largely dependent on the cost of their nodes.

It is a higher initial cost than other easy-to-use integration apps.

If they need to build complex integrations and don’t want to use code, look to SnapLogic.

If you want to build simple integrations and send e-mails, there are probably more affordable options.

We looked at MuleSoft. They are on the more code heavy side, but are probably the best option for a very large enterprise.

What other advice do I have?

Lean on the customer success manager.

1 visitor found this review helpful
1 Comment
author avatarEvan Hovorka

I agree, the visual component helps in building work flow but really shines when transitioning ownership to other people (cross training). The picture provides built in documentation of what is intended.