Snowflake Review

Easy to use, flexible, and very stable

What is our primary use case?

The solution is primarily used as a data warehouse.

What is most valuable?

The solution is very easy to use.

The product is very stable and flexible. The performance is good.

The product is quite scalable.

What needs improvement?

The solution needs to offer more functionality related to machine learning and artificial intelligence.

The solution needs more connectors.

I've been using the solution for close to two years.

The solution is very stable and extremely reliable. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. The performance is very good.

The scalability of the solution is very good. If a company needs to expand it, it can do so with ease.

We have about 100 people on the product currently.

Technical support overall has been good. They are helpful and responsive. We have no complaints.

I have some experience with Teradata.

There is no installation process, as it is run as software as a service on the cloud.

For deployment, I would say two to five people would be enough. It depends on the size of the project and can have from one person to 20 people supporting it. It really depends on the implementation. The people would likely be admins, engineers, and managers.

The product requires the purchase of an annual license.

Before choosing this solution, we looked at SQL Server and Teradata.

What other advice do I have?

We're customers and end-users.

We're using the latest version of the solution. I can't speak to the exact version number.

I'd rate the solution at a nine out of ten. We've been mostly very happy with its capabilities.

I'd recommend the solution to other users and companies.

More Snowflake reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about Snowflake. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: August 2021.
534,226 professionals have used our research since 2012.