SoapUI Pro Review

An open source solution for mocking, load testing and developing

What is most valuable?

I use the tool for mocking, load testing, and developing. I use SoapUI Pro when the downstream is not available and we have to mock the downstream and continue our testing. I also use it to measure our application performance, etc.

What needs improvement?

I think their user-information sites should be better defined by SoapUI. For example, if I want to hit that virtualize server, let's say, with a 100K load — what is the bare minimum requirement? That kind of definition is not available anywhere. If that level of measurement could be given, that would be really helpful.

Tool-wise, I find no technical limitations as such. It's all as expected. It all depends on how much memory and how much you want to allocate. That's pretty typical for this type of solution.

I suppose the GUI could be slightly improved.

Right now, we don't have a way to capture the JVM stacks either for the virtualization or for the service when using SoapUI Pro for load testing.

I have been using SoapUI Pro for more than a year now.

Scalability-wise, it's okay. On a scale from one to five, scalability-wise, I would give SoapUI Pro a rating of four.

To be honest, I've never had to contact technical support; I just Goggle the answers to any issues I experience. I've never experienced an issue that required their assistance. It's a very simple solution to use.

If it could be sold as a bundle instead of by each individual component, that would be really great for the seller. It would be easy for us to understand what is included with the bundle.

I think the number of users is also limited, considering how much we pay.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten, I would give SoapUI Pro a rating of eight. If the load and bare minimum could be defined, I would give this solution a higher rating. I don't expect a huge level of information, but at least a high level of information.

Overall, I think this solution is very cool and easy-to-use.

More SoapUI Pro reviews from users
...who compared it with ReadyAPI
Find out what your peers are saying about SmartBear, Parasoft, Micro Focus and others in Functional Testing Tools. Updated: August 2021.
534,299 professionals have used our research since 2012.