SoapUI Pro Review

It's easy to add assertions in the Pro version. They should exclude test results out of projects (XML file).

What is most valuable?

• Prepared different kinds of testSteps
  • It's easy to add assertions in the Pro version
  • Groovy scripting
  • Event handlers

How has it helped my organization?

Used for backend functional testing.

What needs improvement?

• Improve bug fixing
  • Stability
  • Memory consumption
  • Exclude test results out of projects (xml file)
  • Improve composite project mode (tried version 1.2,1.3 but after short time refused)

I've used it for more than three years starting with SoapUI Pro version 4.6.x. SoapUI NG from beginning after renamed to Ready API and be part of it.

8/10 - the answer for reported bug was a known issue and a fix will be a part of future releases, no time scale given. The bugs are are in many releases.

I have not used other solutions for back and testing personally. Comparing to robot framework SoapUI had more pros than robot framework.

Initial set-up of program is straightforward, preparing own project with dynamic path e.g. JDBC connection or endpoint is more complex.

What other advice do I have?

The product is a good solution for functional back end testing, but the price should be lower due to already mentioned problems, bugs. Use other product framework for small solutions, due to price/bugs. The advantage is that the product is handy for testers, user friendly; ability to use load, security tests or create mocks.