Socialtext Review
The solution facilitates sharing information with vendors and not having to send everything via email.

What is most valuable?

Sharing information with vendors and not having to send everything via email. You have everything in one place and comments can go back and forth.

How has it helped my organization?

We use this product with our lettershop for direct mail. We post the PDF files for the lasering of the order form and the vendor posts the lasering order form files for our approval. This is much faster than trying to attach large files and sending several emails to accomplish this task.

What needs improvement?

Their spreadsheet page is OK but nothing like Excel. You can’t copy an Excel document that is all formatted and have it formatted in Socialtext. The same is true of their text page.

We have been using the solution since 2012.

We haven't had issues with stability.

We haven't had issues with scalability.

The support team is very helpful and we don’t have to use them very often. It is good to have an expert on your team.

We just used email in the past. Using Socialtext was a time saver.

The Socialtext team helped with the initial setup. We did have training and it depends upon the person’s abilities. Whereas I found it very easy to use, others had more difficulties.

I was not involved in that part of the process.

I can’t answer this since I was not involved with this step.

What other advice do I have?

I would have one or two people learn the ins and outs first to be the administrators, and then set up training with the rest of the staff that will be using this. If you have a specific application, maybe you could negotiate a testing time frame to see how you like the product.