SolarWinds AppOptics Review

Easy to set up, with helpful and responsive technical support

What is our primary use case?

We are using AppOptics to monitor our servers and applications. It looks at the logs and the other data that is available in the environments that we want to be monitored.

What is most valuable?

The user interface is very good.

What needs improvement?

AppOptics would benefit from having a much more centralized view. Rather than having to use several applications such as Papertrain, Loggly, and NPM, just have one main application wherein you can get all of the logs and other information about the server. This would allow us to more quickly dig down into the system, in more detail.

Adding more widgets to the interface would make it a richer environment.

My company has been using AppOptics for a long time.

We have had some minor issues where the data is not picked up, although it is pretty good.

The whole company uses AppOptics. I do not know how many people are in different teams, although I can say that we have fewer than 100 users. The teams that use it are the infrastructure team, the application development team, and the monitoring teams.

We spoke with AppOptics about wanting to scale and they were willing to give us a deal.

Technical support is always live and they're supportive. I would say that they are both responsive and helpful.

The initial setup is straightforward.

Our in-house team handled the deployment. One or two people in the DevOps team are responsible for maintenance.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is implementing AppOptics is to contact technical support when you begin deployment. They will explain how everything works and you can install right away. It is easy to start.

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Find out what your peers are saying about SolarWinds, Dynatrace, New Relic and others in Application Performance Management (APM). Updated: June 2021.
521,817 professionals have used our research since 2012.