SolarWinds DameWare Review

The Remote Support tool allows techs to link to off-network users, but the knowledge base lacks updated articles.

What is most valuable?

The ability to control admin rights through AD groups allows the techs to have all of the rights that they would normally without adjustments on the backend of the product. The Internet Sessions with the Remote Support tool also help for field support as well

How has it helped my organization?

The Internet Sessions with the Remote Support tool, because it allows the tech to send a link to the user who is off network for support.

What needs improvement?

SolarWinds has a great KB but many of the articles are lacking updated information and the keyword search is lacking if you don't have previous experience with the product and encounter issues.

One year on the current version, and seven and a half in total.

The deployment was standard.

No issues with stability.

No issues with scalability.

8/10.

6/10.

GoToMeeting was the previous application, and we changed for more control and license pricing.

Once the server was fully configured, there were no other issues, but there was very little information on how to initially configure the central server.

If determining licensing and pricing, you might want to consider an across the board price for Remote Support rather than the Mini Control Unit. You will discover that even using the centralized version, some users will still need to have the elevated features.