SolarWinds Database Performance Analyzer Review

We like the ability to drill down queries, and wait times using the Query Advice Dashboard.

What is most valuable?

Ability to drill down queries, and wait times using the Query Advice Dashboard.

How has it helped my organization?

We have multiple applications interfacing with our SQL servers, this allowed us to load balance between servers based on performance data gathered about all applications. I love the ability to very easily see graphical trends.

2 years approximately, we started with a small number of SQL servers, now we have added Oracle Enterprise servers. We compared with our existing Foglight solutions and our DBA opted for migrating to SolarWinds.

Has been good, but for this product, we have not had any issues requiring assistance. Very easy to implement and use.

We migrated from Foglight, we were already vested in SolarWinds products, we really switched because it removed complexity and still gave great analysis.

Straightforward. Was very impressed.

In House.

We find that the price to value ratio is very good. Much less expensive than other products we were considering.

What other advice do I have?

We use this tool constantly, all new projects with new SQL Servers now require a license for SolarWinds DB Analyzer in order to meet high standards of operation.