SolarWinds Database Performance Analyzer Review

We like the ability to drill down queries, and wait times using the Query Advice Dashboard.

Valuable Features:

Ability to drill down queries, and wait times using the Query Advice Dashboard.

Improvements to My Organization:

We have multiple applications interfacing with our SQL servers, this allowed us to load balance between servers based on performance data gathered about all applications. I love the ability to very easily see graphical trends.

Use of Solution:

2 years approximately, we started with a small number of SQL servers, now we have added Oracle Enterprise servers. We compared with our existing Foglight solutions and our DBA opted for migrating to SolarWinds.

Deployment Issues:

Stability Issues:

Scalability Issues:

Has been good, but for this product, we have not had any issues requiring assistance. Very easy to implement and use.

Previous Solutions:

We migrated from Foglight, we were already vested in SolarWinds products, we really switched because it removed complexity and still gave great analysis.

Initial Setup:

Straightforward. Was very impressed.

Implementation Team:

In House.

Cost and Licensing Advice:

We find that the price to value ratio is very good. Much less expensive than other products we were considering.

Other Advice:

We use this tool constantly, all new projects with new SQL Servers now require a license for SolarWinds DB Analyzer in order to meet high standards of operation.

1 Comment
Orlee GillisConsultant

Which elements in the initial setup process were you impressed by?

19 October 16