SolarWinds Kiwi Syslog Server Review

Easy to configure and provides valuable security alerting

What is our primary use case?

We are evaluating the Kiwi Syslog Server to generate and collect logs. We are planning to purchase this solution within the next month.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is the alerting based on the security logs.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see a more user-friendly and customizable dashboard. The users should be able to customize the dashboard as per their requirements.

SMS services should be added because right now, the alerting is only done via email. If there is a high priority alert and it is critical then it has to be sent to the appropriate number using SMS.

I would like to see the help included in the Syslog. For example, if the device goes down, the temperature is too high, or the device is disabled, it can be put into the Syslog.

We have been evaluating this solution for less than six months.

This solution is quite stable. We have online Syslogs and we haven't experienced any downtime. The performance is also good.

The scalability is fine. We have approximately five hundred users.

The deployment was easy and didn't take much time.

It had to do with the networking part. They just had to configure the Syslog and enable the server log in the devices. There was nothing difficult in the configuration.

We handled the implementation of this solution in-house.

We subscribe and pay directly on the website.

What other advice do I have?

I definitely recommend this solution.

I am not aware of all of the functionality, but it works well for what I use. I am also not fully aware of the encryption that Syslog uses to secure the transfer of logs to the clients. Similarly, I am unsure how long it takes to create and send emails based on alerts.