SolarWinds LEM Review

Its alerting feature enabled us to fix issues before logging a call with the helpdesk.

How has it helped my organization?

We were suffering from a lack of visibility into our logs, so we implemented SolarWinds LEM. After building a few rules and alerts, we were notified when events happened before our end users notified us. Many times we were able to fix an issue before a call to the helpdesk was made.

What is most valuable?

• Alerting
  • Searching

The solution was a little slow when running some larger queries. After upgrading our SAN many of the problems disappeared.

Tech support was always on top of things. I usually got a response within a couple hours of opening a ticket and once on the phone, they took time to answer my questions.

We needed a product but didn’t have one. We found it when it was still Trigeo, and followed it to SolarWinds.

The initial setup was very easy to start getting logs to the solution. It took some time to understand what data to get and what was important.

We did the implementation. My advice, understand what you want in the system and after letting it collect some data, swing back and make sure you have everything setup that you need. Give it some time, and learn it to get the most use out of it.

What other advice do I have?

It’s a great product, but like other SIEM software solutions, you only get out what you put into it.

1 visitor found this review helpful