SolarWinds LEM Review

Good security monitoring features, but the user interface needs to be replaced

What is our primary use case?

We are using this solution for the purpose of security monitoring. It performs network behavior monitoring, log monitoring, and disaster recovery monitoring.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is the log monitoring.

What needs improvement?

The flash-based interface can be improved because sometimes, the speed of monitoring is reduced. The interface should be replaced with something else.

Training for this solution needs to be improved, as new employees are sometimes unfamiliar with the product.

The gadgets in SolarWinds should all be in one place.

There should be a default template because as it is now, the user has to create one for each and everything.

We have been using this solution since the end of 2016.

SolarWinds is a big brand, and they will adapt as necessary.

Our monitoring team has between fifteen and twenty users.

We do not have any new infrastructure, so we do not need to increase usage at this time.

Technical support for this solution is good. We have had no problems with them.

Prior to this solution, we were using AlienVault and IBM QRadar. I have also used Nagios, which is faster than SolarWinds LEM regarding alerts.

I would not say that the initial setup is straightforward or complex. It is a bit of both. I would say it's forty percent straightforward and sixty percent complex.

Deployment time depends on the size of the infrastructure, the number of services that are going to be monitored, and the types of services.

What other advice do I have?

This is one of the good products in this market. People are always looking for easy-to-use products, and don't want to invest time on learning new or complex things.

This is a solution that I recommend, although there are a lot of products that are better.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.