SolarWinds LEM Review

A solution that offers easy operation and configuration with a straightforward setup

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for monitoring the network.

What is most valuable?

The NTA & NPM are the most valuable features of the solution.

The solution is very user-friendly.

What needs improvement?

We're currently looking for an application monitoring solution and maybe a DHCP management module. It would be ideal if the solution could add these in its next release.

The solution should offer better support and better SLAs.

I've been using the solution since 2005.

The solution is very stable.

Scalability is fairly simple if you have the right licenses in place

The solution's technical support is okay, but we don't have an SLA, and sometimes the response times are very slow.

We did previously use a different solution, but SolarWinds is much better. It's easy to interact with SolarWinds. It's easy to operate, easy to configure and is generally easier compared to what we were working with before.

The initial setup was straightforward. The deployment took about two weeks. You only need two people for both deployment and maintenance.

We handled the implementation ourselves in house.

It gives the business visibility as to what is down so that the turnaround time for fixes is much less.

We do a yearly license renewal.

What other advice do I have?

We are using the on-premises deployment solution.

It is a good solution to work with and it's very easy to use. I would only ensure that the organization that decides to implement the solution has the internal capability to manage it. If not, then I would ensure that direct support or an SLA is in place to help handle any issues or troubleshoot problems.

I would rate the solution nine out of ten.