SolarWinds MSP Backup & Recovery Review

Speed of transfer and its monitoring features are definite advantages

What is most valuable?

Speed of transfer and upload to the cloud, excellent monitoring.

How has it helped my organization?

With the monitoring it enables us to keep track. It's more efficient, so it enables us to spend less time fixing backup issues for our customers.

What needs improvement?

It's tough to answer that because compared to most we've used it does everything well. File uploads. That can always be faster.

Six months.

Absolutely not, that's what's great about it.

Oh yeah. We actually have it on over 170 computers right now in service. And we're managing them all with one person.

We call or we chat, and so it's super fast response.

We had our customers using Carbonite and, with larger backups, it would say that it would back something up, and then if we needed some files from backup they weren't there. So we searched for a new solution to best to serve customers.

Straightforward. It could be done remotely very easily. Software that could be installed right from the client. So very basic, very easy. It's not complex.

One was Veeam, that's probably the best one out there. But, because we handle mostly mid-size customers, so while Veeam is probably the best, it's also the most expensive. Because of the size customer we have, it's too expensive.

And the other one was Acronis. It was slow uploading files and it wasn't the easiest of tools.