SolarWinds Netflow Traffic Analyzer Review

Dashboard alerts me when a critical device goes off in the network but it needs more system intelligence

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is for analyzing traffic and monitoring performance.

What is most valuable?

The network performance monitor I have embedded has been able to give me a customized dashboard. The dashboard alerts me when a critical device would go off in the network. I get an SMS alarm.

What needs improvement?

One improvement could be the system intelligence. I think another would be to show a kind of session mark that shows you the latency between each hub, but with much more intelligence. I know they do that but to make something that works very well I would want to see more terminals so that I can look where the need is happening. Of course, the network could be much better.

I need to see something with AI. I know they don't have it, and I need to see straight through to integration and cloud monitoring. The application for monitoring should be enhanced with a better quality experience, in terms with what their customers are going through. Instead of looking at Bit-Coin sites they need to have insights like translating.

I've been using the solutions for five years, but more aggressively over the last two years.

In terms of scalability, so long as you have the licenses the solution is scalable. You can add and add on the devices.

Customer support is quite complex.

The setup was complex. The part that is complex is that you have to mark the devices, you have to time the parameters, you have to monitor, and you have to set them up. It wasn't a straightforward thing. I'm not sure if there is a simple tool you can use to monitor or not.
These tools are a bit complex, they need monitoring. Implementation took about five days.

The setup was done by consultants to make sure everything was consistent.

I think the price is fair. I haven't quite done price-to-price on a comparable product but I do think the price is fair. I'm looking at AI too. Artificial Intelligence that will monitor the cloud.

What other advice do I have?

I would give the solution a 5 out of 10, there are opportunities to improve.