SolarWinds Netflow Traffic Analyzer Review

A stable solution with good performance analysis but in need of better pricing

What is our primary use case?

For the first installation for our customers we use it for traffic analysis to determine which users consume the most internet bandwidth. then to have a visibility on the internal traffic in the network.

What is most valuable?

The performance analysis is a valuable feature. With the performance analyzer, we can see the realtime monitoring, the realtime performance, and historical performance on specific components like virtualization storage, CPU, servers and network equipment.

What needs improvement?

I recognize that SolarWinds has a reporting feature that will give us reports that we can customize. However, it's not clear how I can integrate the existing solution like BI solutions to SolarWinds. The solution seems to lack an API for other integrations.

The price of the solution is a bit high for our clients. They should consider adjusting their price model.

We'd like more application control in future releases. automatic identification of applications in the traffic. this feature is included in the new generation firewall.

I've been using the solution since 2014. Start working on Orion NTA version 3.0

The solution is stable.

Technical support is okay. I would rate it three out of five. Their reaction time is not so good. You might have to wait one or two days before they can work on your ticket.

What other advice do I have?

We use the on-premises deployment model.

I would rate the solution seven out of ten.