SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer Review

Simple to use, provides valuable insight into traffic usage, and generates comprehensive reports

What is our primary use case?

I was using this solution in my previous company for four years and am trying to bring it to my new organization. We are currently running a PoC.

What is most valuable?

The GUI is simple and easy to use.

The monitoring is perfect, showing you the details for the utilization of resources and network bandwidth.

It provides the ability to track users to see who is generating higher amounts of traffic and what the person is doing.

The notifications are helpful.

At the end of the day, you can get very comprehensive reports showing you everything that is happening in the domain.

What needs improvement?

The licensing should be improved. I don't like the licensing because it is geared to the interface and not the device, which increases the cost.

The Atlas module that is used for building the network map is very bad.

I would like to see improvements made to the dashboard configuration.

They should provide more templates for the vendors.

I have been working with SolarWinds for more than four years.

It is a stable system and very reliable.

The scalability is very good.

This solution does not have support available in the Middle East region. The relationship is through the partners but this is insufficient because they are not highly skilled and cannot really support you.

Whenever you approach the SolarWindws team, they normally have fixes that come out with every new release.

The price of this solution is exceptional.

What other advice do I have?

This solution does an excellent job but nothing is perfect. There are some things that need to be improved.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

More SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer reviews from users
...who work at a Manufacturing Company
...who compared it with Nagios XI
Learn what your peers think about SolarWinds NetFlow Traffic Analyzer. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
456,966 professionals have used our research since 2012.