SolarWinds Network Configuration Manager Review

We can proactively monitor our infrastructure in a single pane of glass.

Valuable Features

• Additional polling engines
  • Virtual manager

Improvements to My Organization

We can proactively monitor our infrastructure in a single pane of glass, unlike before when there were a lot of network management tools that would need to be looked at.

Room for Improvement

• Report generation
  • We need to be able to monitor the NetScaler VIPs

Use of Solution

We've used it for over seven years.

We had issues with the FailOver Engine module installation, due to the resources of each SolarWinds server.

8/10 - there's no SLA on a ticket created, albeit they have a level of severity upon the creation of a ticket. So far, I like on how they handle my tickets, especially their tier three. Also, they have 24x7x365 assistance.

One of my clients used Cisco Prime but this solution is only for Cisco, and we have different vendors so we needed a network monitoring system to monitor all of our devices with different vendors.

It was straightforward for monitoring a small environment.

Implementation Team

One of my clients is a global company and our pre-sales engineer proposed a bunch of modules that would benefit their events team, tier two, and tier three. We also used a disaster recovery solution in order to accommodate all of their devices in different regions.

Other Solutions Considered