SolarWinds NPM Review

Review of Network Performance Monitor

Disclaimer: I work for a company that has a partnership with Solarwinds and provides services for Solarwinds products.

I have had nothing but good things to say about the Solar winds products. I have the pleasure to use NPM, IPSLA, NTA, and Engineers Tool Kit. We have a large network that without NPM would be hard to monitor and find problems. NTA allows us to keep good tabs on what people and systems are doing on our networks. It is nice to know who is playing World of War craft as an example or which server is pegging an interface. IPSLA has giving us the global view of how our network can handle real-time data. We have been able to vastly improve how implement routing and QOS in order to provide better throughput that result in a higher SLA compliance.

Network Performance Monitor
• Good for Quick Dashboard view
• Customizable for network needs if bandwidth is an issue for monitoring traffic
• Offers good Reporting and Graphics for those who want a bird’s eye view

More SolarWinds NPM reviews from users
...who work at a Healthcare Company
...who compared it with ManageEngine OpManager
2 Comments

author avatarit_user3876 (Database Manager at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees)

Does network performance monitor provide monitoring support for wireless networks and VOIP technologies?

author avatarit_user3195 (Field Systems Engineer Level 2 at a tech consulting company)

Yes SolarWinds Orion does provide support for Wireless controllers both remote autonomous , centralized controller based monitoring. With VoIP it has very tight intergration that allows you to view your current call quality and CDR records.

Hope this helps