SolarWinds NPM Review

Allows us to quickly respond to network status changes and narrow down performance degradation incidents.

What is most valuable?

* Link utilization graphs

* Top-10 charts

* Node/link status monitoring and alerting

* Historical reports

How has it helped my organization?

This product was used by our 24/7 NOC engineers and helped them in quick response to network status changes, investigation and narrowing down of performance degradation incidents. It was also used to report customer bandwidth utilization and provide evidence in customer queries and claims.

What needs improvement?

Better support and integration for vendors other than Cisco.

4 years experience with two different employers and both Internet hosting companies.

Excellent support

Excellent support

Setup is straightforward and smooth, just need to follow the installation wizard. Having worked with various open source and vendor specific NMS solutions, among vendor independent solutions such as WhatsUP, OpManager and Solarwinds NPM I always preferred NPM.

Setup is straightforward and smooth just need to follow the installation wizard.

In-house team.

I have seen various products over the years from open source (Cacti, Nagios, Zenoss) and commercial (whatsup, Manageengine, etc) but Solarwinds NPM was always the one that could check most of the monitoring requirements.