SolarWinds NPM Review

Provided us with a quicker turn around time for diagnosing and remedying a failure or issue.

What is most valuable?

• Overall simplicity
  • Solarwinds development of the product line

How has it helped my organization?

• It's provided us with a quicker turn around time for diagnosing and remedying a failure or issue
  • The pre-built templates for Windows are outstanding
  • If you're new, they tell you what the metrics mean and the possible solutions
  • You can also modify baselines it to your environment.

What needs improvement?

It needs group views with performance metrics. They do certain ones well, but not filters to a custom group view.

I've used NPM and SAM for five years.

No issues encountered.

Data collection can be an issue so you have to maintain that accordingly.

None yet.

Customer service is pretty good.

Tier 3 is excellent they know how to repair a problem.

We had Openview for the network side but the cost forced us to switch and it has actually ended up better for us in the long term.

It's very straightforward and super easy to deploy, 15 minutes tops. It's documented well what you need, or there's an option you can do if you're on a limited budget. Also, the support engineers are always there to help with specific questions.

We implemented it in-house.

It paid for itself within six months, when compared to our previous solution.

We did not track it but it was less than four hours worth of total effort. Day to day cost of using the product US$273 given our current licensing model.

No other options evaluated.

What other advice do I have?

Get the trial download to use its all the features for 30 days. Its automation/DevOps is outstanding for its software development kit.

1 visitor found this review helpful