Solarwinds

SolarWinds NPM Review
Easy to deploy, and we are able to respond to problems before the customer is aware of them.

Valuable Features:

One of the main features is ease of deployment. Adding new devices only takes a few minutes. This allows me to do my other duties.

Improvements to My Organization:

We are now able to respond to problems before the customer is even aware of them. As an example, our VPN router had a memory leak which was going to start causing performance problems. We were able to get ahead of the complaints by restarting the device. We didn’t need to wait for a complaint from a remote worker.

Room for Improvement:

NPM comes with a tool called Network Atlas. Currently, it can only link switches to switches and only if all the corresponding ports are monitored. I would like it to figure out next-hop devices, which other tools like NetBrain can do.

I would also like to see better mapping of devices and how they connect to one another.

Use of Solution:

We have used this solution for four years.

Stability Issues:

We haven’t had any issues with stability.

Scalability Issues:

I haven’t had any issues with scalability. There is plenty of documentation available to help with it.

SolarWinds has a community called Thwack. That is where I get most of my help. I would give it the highest rating.

Previous Solutions:

Before this solution, we used Spiceworks. SolarWinds had the nicest single-pane-of-glass monitoring solution, so we decided to go that route.

Initial Setup:

I was involved in the installation. After discovery, you select what you want to monitor.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing:

Licenses go quickly. Each interface is a license.

Other Advice:

Have a goal in mind. Prioritize your monitoring goals in terms of alerting, reporting, and dashboards. Then you can focus on completing those areas in order of importance.

The product is always being expanded and additional features are constantly being added.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About SolarWinds NPM?

Our experts can help. 221,808 professionals have used our research on 5,660 solutions.