SolarWinds NPM Review

Some of the valuable features are reporting and interface monitoring.

What is most valuable?

• Reporting
  • Alerts
  • Network map view
  • Netpath
  • Interface monitoring

How has it helped my organization?

With reporting, we are able to spool ISP WAN links availability for the month and make necessary deductions based on the service level agreement we signed with the service providers.

Alerts have also helped us to improve network performance, keeping everyone on their toes in resolving downtime before it is escalated.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see continuous improvement on the reporting and graphical views of customized portals.

We have been using the solution for ten years.

I did not encounter any issues with stability.

We encountered an inability to display graphical views of some customized reports.

I would give technical support a rating of 8/10.

We previously used WhatsUp Gold.

The setup is straightforward if you follow the OEM administrative guides and the server specifications and deployment.

Pricing is quite competitive. Licensing should be based on projected organizational growth.

We evaluated WhatsUp Gold and Entuity Network Management solutions.

What other advice do I have?

Anyone planning to implement NPM or other SolarWinds products should download the evaluation versions which give you a 30-day, free trial. This will help you make an informed decision. This should also be evaluated with other network monitoring solutions.

2 visitors found this review helpful